Sunday, March 24, 2013

Crystal's Spicy Spaghetti Sauce

Here is take two of my spaghetti sauce recipe. now that it has been a couple of days, hopefully I can still remember what I did exactly. this recipe changes almost every time I make it because every time I seem to lack or have extra of different ingredients. this time it was a little spicy because I added some crushed red pepper. (yeah, the little packets from dominoes.. :))

Crystal's ever changing spaghetti sauce: version Spicy!
1/2 lb ground beef
2 cans diced tomatoes (although if you have any fresh tomatoes I recommend those! so good.)
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 sliced onion
1 sliced green pepper (or red, orange, or yellow!)
1-2 tbs minced garlic
1-2 tsp of each: oregano, basil, parsley, and crushed red pepper
2-3 tbs brown sugar (optional)
pinch of baking soda (neutralizes the acidity from the tomatoes)
salt & pepper to taste

brown the beef and set aside. sauté the onion and peppers in some EVOO for about 2-3 minutes and then add in the garlic and seasonings. cook for another minute or two and then add the hamburger back in. add the tomatoes, sauce, brown sugar, and baking soda. bring to a boil and let simmer for about 15 minutes. add salt & pepper to your hearts desire!

this made about 6 servings!

No comments:

Post a Comment