Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hot Pink Beet Juice

Beet Juice!
It sounds kind of gross. But it is actually really good! I never ate beets growing up. Not from a can, not cooked, and certainly not fresh. So when I got beets in my Bountiful Basket, I was like what the HECK am I going to do with these? How about juicing them? Yes. Do it. I peeled the outer part off, and I realized that beets are so pretty! Seriously. I should have taken pictures, but I haven't quite gotten into the habit of taking pictures of every piece of food I eat.. For reals though, Next time you have one, look at them.. I'm weird. :P

So check it out. You need a juicer for this, fortunately. Juicers are awesome! If you don't have one, well dang it. Go buy one! :) Mine is a Jack Lalanne, and works great for me! (I do hate cleaning it though. But then again, I hate doing ANY dishes for that matter!) Make sure you wash, peel any pulp from oranges or lemon, and de-seed your fruits and veggies. Some juicers don't make you do that, but mine does.
 
BEET JUICE
1 beet, peeled and cut in half
2 blood oranges, peeled/halfed (or 1 large regular)
2 carrots
1 small apple, halved
Handful of strawberries
it turns into this beautiful hot pink drink. love.
 
then, don't discard the pulp. I have a oatmeal banana beet muffin recipe that I will post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment