Monday, October 14, 2013

Lemon Pepper Tuna Sandwich

I am all for simplicity when it comes to cooking food, especially lunch. I am a sucker for sandwiches! Today I was craving tuna fish, and I have been trying to listen to my body so I made it... with some alterations to make it healthier.

Here's what I did:
I mixed one can of tuna in water with about 1 tbs EVOO, the juice of half a lemon, and some pepper. Put it on some Ezekiel bread with some lettuce and sliced olives. Then I ate it. It was surprisingly delicious! 

I wanted to add some cucumber to it too but I didn't have any, but I think it would make it even more yummy! 




You can also omit the bread and just use lettuce if you are really watching your carbs, and it is just as good! Ezekiel bread is super healthy though, and if you are going to eat bread, you should make sure it is as whole an unprocessed as you can get it. Always look for 100% whole wheat!

I'm not exactly a pro at photographing my food, so sorry about the lame pictures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment