Monday, April 27, 2015

Gluten Free/Sugar Free Pumpkin Bread

I think Chocolate Chips make some things eatable. Seriously. Because I am trying to avoid sugar, and that's hard, I had to get creative with what I wanted to have for snacks. I have a minor sweet tooth - if a minor sweet tooth is eating a bag of jelly beans in one day... I love, love, love sugar. Unfortunately, so do my hips and buttocks. So, ditching it has always been so hard for me. However, I LOVE how I feel when I haven't had sugar in awhile, I am exercising, and eating healthy. The skin on my face looks amazing, and I can wake up at 6:00 AM and not want to slit my wrists. All good things. The only problem is, if I avoid sugar, how can I eat my feelings? Along with sugar, I have been trying to avoid white flour. That has also been hard. I love my white bread. I even make homemade white bread, and, ooh. I miss it. So, that's how this recipe came about. I found one on Pinterest that I just didn't quite like, and I adapted it to what I wanted, and although it's not amazing homemade white bread with freezer jam, it'll do. 
Gluten Free - Sugar Free Pumpkin Bread
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
1 cup Oat Flour (you can also use Almond Flour)
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
3/4 cup Pumpkin
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted
4 eggs
1/2 cup SUPER dark chocolate chips

Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl and all of the wet ingredients together in another bowl. Stir together until everything is nice and mixed. Put ingredients in greased bread tin and bake for 45-60 minutes.

I buy the big cans of pumpkin from the store, and so I double, or even triple to recipe, so I don't have pumpkin hanging out in the fridge. I have also doubled the recipe and then used the rest of the pumpkin for pancakes. You can see a recipe for that here

Because there are no preservatives, I will keep one loaf in the freezer, and then then loaf I am currently using, I will keep in the fridge. It doesn't taste as great as a handful of jelly beans, however, it isn't bad. Especially with yummy chocolate chips. 




No comments:

Post a Comment