Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pre-baked Chicken Salad

I am about as lazy as they come, however, I am also a perfectionist. So instead of cutting corners, I look for ways that I can do things more effectively, but still keep them quality. This is how freezer meals came about in my home. That is also how this idea came about. Because we live 45 minutes from the nearest grocery, I buy a lot of things in bulk, including chicken. It's always hard to buy a lot of chicken, freeze it, defrost enough for just my husband and I. so I decided that I would just bake it all. I usually like my chicken grilled, however, my husband was gone rafting again, and it's hard to get our ginormous grill out of the storage shed a lone. So, I bought a bunch of chicken breasts from the store, placed them on a cooling rack that was on top of a cookie sheet with tin foil, seasoned them, and put them in the oven at 350 degrees for about half an hour. Voila.


I give you delicious, and really easy, chicken. I love using McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic and Herbs seasoning. And my very favorite part about this whole thing? I only have to deal with nasty raw chicken once!

I will usually put the chicken that I don't eat in the freezer for a quick, easy defrost later. Mostly, I will put it in salad, but it (as I have posted before) is really good with any veggies.

For my salad, I just grab a bag of romaine lettuce, shred some chicken, and cut up some strawberries. And have you ever tried this with poppy seed dressing? Brianna's Poppy Seed Dressing has become my new addiction.  Honestly, I am in love. I don't even care if it has a bucket full of sugar... Okay, I do, but I go lite on the dressing.

In my opinion, you need to do things that will help you eat what is healthy. I am so sick of salad with lemon juice... You don't even want to know, because it's that unappetizing for me to talk about.

Does anyone have any other salad ideas? I don't see myself getting sick of this anytime soon, however, strawberries are not cheap at our grocery store, so sometimes I don't have them on hand...


1 comment:

  1. Another way to make salads more appetizing is to use salsa as the dressing (esp. if you're putting chicken with it!) OR some stores (like walmart) sell Olive Garden Salad Dressing, and some even sell a Lite version. :)

    ReplyDelete