Monday, April 13, 2015

Lean and Green

So, I lived in Tennessee for almost two years. In the South, everything is cooked with grease, lard, or some other form of fat. Also, bacon is a main staple. When I bought fresh green beans, I actually had to get on Pinterest to figure out how to make them without bacon - I had never had fresh green beans without. As much as that made my heart die a little inside. Bacon is the most important meal of my day (I am only slightly kidding)!

Again, my husband was the grill master with the chicken. I don't think I will ever get sick of chicken, grilled with a little seasoning. The package of green beans that I bought had the option of steaming in the microwave - I have heard that the microwave kills vitamins (can anyone confirm or deny these allegations?), but my husband was already grilling and the bake option took 30 minutes. Therefore, I compromised and put them in the microwave for a minute, poured them out on a cookie sheet with tin foil, sprinkling garlic, black pepper, and salt on top, and baked them at 350 degrees until they looked good. 

And they tasted good! My husband even ate them! This same husband who refuses to eat anything green, unless it's St Patrick's Day cupcake. 

In other news, I am starting the 21 Day Fix today. I am not sure how well I will follow the meal plans. I have already cut all sugar and white flour/rice out of my diet (I AM DYING!), but I feel amazing already! Onward and upward! Or downward on the scale, hopefully!  

PS Can I just say how much I love my centerpiece? I will cry when the pink flowers wilt.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment