Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Protein Pancake FAIL

Okay, so, a few weeks ago I stumbled across this amazing blog with the most inspirational writer, ever! She shares her love for pancakes, and shares recipes for healthy, protein packed pancakes. So, I figured that I would give it a try! So, while my husband was gone last Saturday, I busted out my cooking supplies, my protein powder, Greek yogurt, lots of eggs, and got cracking. Pun intended there.  I decided to try the pumpkin pancakes, because I love pumpkin everything, and I actually had that.

They smelled amazing! While the pancakes were frying in the skillet, I made the topping with Greek yogurt, cocoa powder, protein powder, and honey. When it was all done, I piled it all together with some bananas.



And then I took a bite.
Aaaaand I could not even swallow it! It was so nasty. I almost threw up. (TMI?) I am pretty sure it was the Greek yogurt topping. I had tasted a little piece of pancake before added the topping, and they were okay. By okay, I mean, not as great as real pancakes, but I could live with them. So.... My goal the next time  is to top it with some flavored Greek yogurt, and not try and make my own. Being healthy is so hard sometimes...

Does anyone have any experience with protein pancakes and them tasting good that they would like the share? Cause seriously, I am all ears... I don't want to buy the expensive protein pancake mix if I can avoid it. Being healthy is expensive, yes, but I also want/need it to be obtainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment