Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Protein Pancake Win

Well, I did it! They don't look as appealing, but they sure tasted good. That's what counts, right?? I used to same batter recipe as the ones I made the other day, and had left it in the refrigerator, which made it thicker than normal pancake batter. So the recipe:

Pumpkin Protein Pancake
1 1/2 cups Oat Flour
2 tbsp Stevia
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Allspice
1/4 Nutmeg
4 Egg Whites (I used 3 whole eggs)
1/2 cup raw Pumpkin
1 1/2 cups Almond Milk

As with regular pancake mix, mix the dry ingredients together, and the wet ingredients together, and then mix the two together. Cook on a griddle or skillet that is at medium heat until brown on both sides. Hopefully yours don't look as clumpy as mine did. 

I just want to say something about my choice of Greek yogurt. First of all, it's delicious. It is something that I will eat and enjoy. I really don't like the taste of plain yogurt with honey. I know that this yogurt has sugar (7g) but it also has protein (12g) that I feel helps with the sugar. I'd rather eat something that is semi healthy that I enjoy, than try and choke down something that I think is completely nasty, and hate my life. So, I buy plain Greek yogurt (Fage), and use that for smoothies, but nothing else. Mostly because I haven't found that I like it any other way. 

Happy pancakes everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment